Original Books

Original Books is the blog where you will find the best of Christian fiction reviews. We hope you enjoy this blog and that you keep up with us as we continue to post reviews. Make sure you check the Elite List, the list of books we have rated 4 stars and above and the coming soon list to see what will soon be posted. If you feel we have forgotten about an author or a book or have any questions please email us at originalbooks200@gmail.com. Thanks for reading!

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Between Sundays by Karen Kingsbury

Meghan is a social worker who has taken in a boy no one else wants. The boy seems to think that the famous local NFL quarterback is his father, and therefore, takes great pains to see him. Meghan believes the boy is crazy, but does not refuse to take him to an autograph signing.
The plot also follows the old NFL quarterback, who is trying to mentor the young, wayward quarterback. He also wants one more Super Bowl win under his belt before retirement.
Sports is pretty much a closed genre until someone can actually come with an original sports plot. Trust me, it's hard; I can't even think of a original sports plot right off.
But Karen could have thrown off expendable plot devices such as the romantic subplot and the miraculous Super Bowl win. But when you eliminate these, there's not much to the plot.
Believe me, I like football. I really do. I follow the NFL every season. I always want my team to win the Super Bowl. I think it's kind of funny that Karen chose a team like the 49ers to win the Super Bowl.
But this is not really one of her best books, though it won't hurt you to read it.
2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment